Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WFMW: Those Pesky Little Buggers!


We keep a constant supply of bananas in our home for Dan's protein shakes, which means that, once or twice a month, I manage to bring home a few dozen fruit fly eggs. There are few things more obnoxious than walking into your kitchen in the morning only to be greeted by little black dots swirling around you and alighting from any bit of leftover food that might still be exposed from the night before (I never said I was Martha Stewart! I'm workin' on it, though!).

A few months ago, I found a home remedy for killing fruit flies that has been working like a charm for us! Here it is!

In a shallow bowl (it doesn't have to be big AT ALL - I use a 3" diameter condiment bowl), mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water. Add a dab of dish soap and swirl it around.

Leave the bowl out on the counter for the day, and I guarantee you that you'll have a few dead flies in there by the evening. When you get too grossed out by them, dump the mixture out and repeat. You'll be down to one or two flies in just a day or two!

TAKE THAT, SUCKERS!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I've been wanting a solution for this. Thanks!

Jen said...

Thank you....I will write this one down.

jubilee said...

I sooooo needed this info, thanks!