Sunday, November 25, 2007

Geez Louise!

Today, I asked Ariel if she wanted a hot dog or a quesadilla. She cocked her head thoughtfully and replied, "Ummmm.... quesadilla!" I could tell that she meant it, too! By the time we got through the line at Taco Bell, she had shortened it to "quisa." As in, "Mo' quisa? MMMM!"

She's saying all kinds of new, bigger words lately, and understanding more than ever! I wish I could think of more of the things that she's said in the last few days, because I think you would be shocked. I sure have been!

We removed our television from the living room two nights ago, in preparation for returning it to the place from whence it came. Since then, Ariel has been walking around asking, "Toovee? Toovee?" We tell her it's "all gone! Bye-bye, TV!" But she's not satisfied with that answer. Ah, well! I'm more than satisfied to have it gone - two days straight with no Winnie the Pooh has been quite a luxury. Once they learn to turn the television on by themselves, there's no stopping the insanity.

I have been having a grand ol' time the last couple days reading The Pioneer Woman. It is arguably the best blog ever. This woman is an AMAZING writer and FABULOUS photographer, and her pictures will have you drooling almost as much as her dramatic story of how her and her husband got together, which she's been writing in installments for several months. Anywho, I stayed up till 2 in the morning on Friday and 1 on Saturday because I just couldn't stop reading the darned thing, which probably isn't a good thing for the mother of an infant to be doing with the hours that her child is sleeping. But I've taken a couple naps to help make up for it, and I'm feeling just fine (compared to normal, that is - don't think for one second that I'm not tired!).

I will leave you with a video of Ariel doing one of her favorite things while talking about another one of her favorite things:

No comments: