Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm so proud!

This morning, Ariel swiped my cell phone from where it was resting on the arm of the recliner while I nursed Felicity. "Give it back, Ariel! Give the phone to Mommy!" I commanded. She glared at me angrily and threw the phone, which smacked Felicity in the head. At my request, Dan took her into her room and placed her in the playpen for a Time Out.

Perhaps thirty seconds later, we heard a little voice say, "I sowwy!"

Naturally, we went right in there and got her up. Her first unprompted apology!

Later that morning, she walked out of her room, burped, and said, "'Cue me!"

When I put Felicity in an infant seat that partially blocked the entrance to the kitchen, Ariel said, "'Cue me!" every time she squeezed by her sister.

Later that day, as we pulled into my mom's driveway to pick some things up, I quietly let out a burp of my own. From the back seat, I heard a little voice say, "'Cue you!" I guess she needs to teach me some manners!

No comments: