Saturday, November 10, 2007

If I won the Powerball...

I think I am a great candidate for winning the Powerball, aside from the fact that I have never purchased a ticket.

When I win the Powerball, I will do an excellent job of handling the money, because I already have it all planned out now! Planning ahead is key to fiscal responsibility.

First of all, understand that I will win 320 million dollars. I have already decided this. I told God, and He hasn't voiced any objections, so now we're both just waiting for it to get up there so that He can tell me the winning numbers in a dream. I don't think this is cheating, because God CAN'T cheat. He's God.

So, yeah, assuming that God's silence on this issue is silent agreement, I will win 320 million dollars at some point in the future. I will take the cash - 180 million - pay my taxes - 90 million - and invest the rest at 8%. When it comes down to it, after I invest it all, I should be getting around $320,000 per month after taxes in interest payments.

Now, don't think that this money would immediately be poured into boats and huge wardrobes! Oh, no! First of all, I don't care for boats, and second, where would I put those clothes without a giant closet? Oh no, the closet must come first, which means that building the dream home must come first. It's important to think these things through so you don't have to pile your J. Crew bags on your back porch!

So after building a 3,000ish square foot place (not entirely huge, but very efficiently designed), I would fill my closet with classic, high-quality clothes, buy a bigger family vehicle, and then life would continue like normal.

Well... normal except that I would buy my groceries online, join a Pilates class, hire a nanny part-time to help me out, and have a maid come in once a week to clean the floors and bathrooms.

What about you? What would you do if you won the Powerball?

5 comments:

rae ann said...

a professional organizer and house cleaner. that would be first! second, a moving company to take us to our new home- still in the 'hood. only this house would provide the girls with their own rooms and would give me a craft room! and there would be chickens in the backyard. it would be perfect!

Matt said...

That's a lot of money. I'd buy a house, roomy, but not huge. I nice $5,000 computer. I'd have a mini-theater, and...a mitsubishi evo 9. hmm...and some other stuff I can't think of

GrannyNanny said...

I like your investment plan... good thinking.

Jenni said...

Thanks, Mom! I considered 7% or 9%, but, after much research, concluded that 8% was just right! ;-)

HART said...

Hmm....definately a bigger house (3500-4500sf),with a great big huge back yard for the kids to have a park of fun stuff. Then a new car for the hubby since I just got a new van myself. College funds tucked away with a little extra for the kiddos, maybe more kids even. A honeymoon that we never took. My own studio for my artistic sensabilities and a studio just for Shane's Drums so he can play whenever he wanted without bothering anyone else no matter what time it is. help out my family with any struggles they might have. Also it would be very nice to have a small amount of land to cater to unfortunate left behind animals who need love! Then maybe donatind to othe major organizations: Breast Cancer Research, Starving children funds, ASPCA, Local Homeless Shelters....
That's all I can muster up at this fatigued moment, but it's a start.
Heather