Monday, November 19, 2007

An Ellie Sample Platter

Three times during the past two days, Ariel has brought Rebecca (the aforementioned Big Doll from my childhood) to me and, tugging at her little underpants, has informed me that she (the doll) is poopy. It seems some doll potty training may be in order.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

We went to the doctor today. It was our first time with this physician, and Felicity was going in for a well baby visit (well, it was supposed to be a well baby, but she got a cold, so I guess she was a sick baby after all). The decision to change doctors was a difficult one, and I still wasn't sure that I had done the right thing when I walked into the office this afternoon.

When the doctor came out, Ariel instantly became clingy and acted very wary of him, which intensified my concerns. It's hard to have pleasant doctor visits when your kid is creeped out by her doctor. I know this all too well; I always found my pediatrician a little creepy!

Well, I needn't have been concerned. When we got into the room, Ariel immediately noticed the otoscope and exclaimed, "Ear!" (she knew what it was from watching her beloved Elmo DVD). Max (the physician) responded not only by showing it to her, but also by giving her one of the disposable pieces that goes into the ear and letting her try to fit it onto the device herself!

Let's just say he stole her little heart!

She followed him all around the room as he grabbed papers and instruments and examined Felicity. When he went into another room to get some forms, she sauntered right out of the exam room with him! The look in her eyes as she watched him fill out Felicity's growth charts made it clear that she was fascinated by and enthralled with him.

And so, of course, I'm enthralled, too.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ariel is learning colors. She's been guessing them a lot, and she usually guesses wrong, but she's trying! Today, as she colored with her green, blue, and pink colored pencils, she held one up and said, "yellow?"

"No," I said, "that's a blue pencil. Do you want a yellow one?"

"Hmmm!"

I brought her a yellow pencil. She started scribbling, but immediately became upset when she couldn't see the faint yellow scribbles. I tried getting her a darker yellow pencil, but by that point I think she was already convinced that I was trying to rip her off.

No comments: