Monday, November 5, 2007

O blissful beauty!

Well, we gave in to the pain of picturelessness yesterday and bought a new camera. We got the four year accident coverage warranty, and I have a feeling we won't regret it, considering that our first camera started fritzing out after only one year (in the middle of Ariel's first birthday party, no less!).

I LOVE this camera!

Neither Dan nor I know the first thing about photography, as you may have noticed from my previously posted photos, but already we've gotten some breathtaking (to me, at least) pictures of the girls! Check these out!









You've gotta love that last one! A very good representation of her attitude when Daddy tries to soothe her. He's kind enough to attempt it anyway, though, and I greatly appreciate those breaks!

Anyway, I'm thinking that if this is what we've gotten in two days of fiddling, maybe we can say goodbye to JC Penney and just blow up our own snapshots! I greatly prefer natural photos to traditional poses, anyway.

Okay, for another example of how cool this camera is, check this out (warning- breastfeeding ahead!):



Dan took this picture of me this morning, fresh out of bed in my stretch pants and sweatshirt with no makeup. And it doesn't look totally hideous! It's probably one of the better pictures taken of me in the last couple years (I'm sorry to say). This gives me hope.

So I'm currently trying to capture a good shot of Felicity smiling. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Matt said...

lol, ariel is so gute, gratz on the new camera =D

hangar52 said...

Can I just say that Felicity (crying in Dan's arms) looks just like you did when you were small. Not the crying part but her profile and face...amazing...
Aunt Becky

mrscamacho said...

Oh, yes. Yes. Quality of camera certainly matters for quality images. Canon beats the pants off Kodak, in my opinion. I love our big Sony camera, and my pocket Sony is nice, but I would totally get a little Canon after we bought one for my sister-in-law for her birthday last spring. I was so jealous when I played around with it!

I can't wait to see more pictures! Are you archiving your photos anywhere? May I suggest SmugMug? We really love their service.

rae ann said...

haha! good observation, mama! it does look like you, jen!

i like the shot of you with F, too. were you talking to me in that shot? :)

Jenni said...

Yep, I was talking to you, RaeAnn!

GrannyNanny said...

I love the results - wow. Ariel is a beauty queen! I see you in Felicity's face, too... and in her personality, although I think you were slightly more content more often.
Congrats on the Cannon - I'm looking forward to lots more shots of the little angels!