Saturday, December 1, 2007

Watch Me Kick Butt!

Around the house, that is. Today I did lots of exciting things that used to not be so exciting.

I did lots of laundry. And I folded it ALL. Well, there are still sheets in the dryer, but I folded 4 loads of laundry, so close enough.

I kept all my counters clean and wiped down all day long. Granted, I didn't make dinner, but that's still amazing. Besides which, I DID make energy bars! They are delicious and satisfying! I'll show y'all how to make 'em one of these Tuesdays...



I changed the sheets on our bed. Ariel enjoyed curling up under the fresh sheets.


I painted my toenails. My toenails have not been painted since Felicity was a small, unimposing bump on my belly. It feels nice to have pretty toes again!


Dan and I threw away our telephones! They sucked. One of the bases had stopped charging, but it was still needed because it was the one that actually had a phone jack and an answering machine, so we had to keep rotating the phones from base to base, and the phones were always dying and we would have to quickly transfer people to keep from losing a call. Plus, the sound quality was getting worse and worse. So Goodwill wasn't really a good option.

We are now CELL PHONE ONLY people. And we got new cell phone numbers this month. If you don't have our new numbers, email me and I'll send them to you.

And, finally, Dan took down our old, crappy coat hook thingy that was always losing hooks and dropping coats and put up some new, metal hooks that screw directly into the wall and look a little more this-century. Yes, technically this was DAN'S accomplishment, not mine. But I feel good about it anyway. Because we're one. And because I reminded him. And because now we have good coat hooks. YAY!

Give me a GOLD STAR!


And now it's bedtime.

4 comments:

rae ann said...

cheers! way to go! sounds like a fantastic, productive day! now... how the hell to you find one of those (a productive day). i'm constantly thinking, "today's the day! today's the day i'm going to pick up my house, room by room!" and then it blows up in my face.

anyway, i'm proud of you (and dan)!

HART said...

Hey, way to go! I know exactly how you feel. I recently got to do 4 loads of laundry AND put it all away, cook dinner, sweep and mop the kitchen and entry floor, vaccum the majority of the house... and my most exciting thing was that I took a shower! A SHOWER!! And it was all done with out Shannon completely having a meltdown while I, GOD FORBID, did anything else besides follow her around all day! Can't say anything nice bout' my tojes these days... it's more like what's nail polish?
Heather

GrannyNanny said...

Awesome - good for you! I think I have some gold stars tucked in a drawer from our home schooling days, so next time you stop by I'll give you one!

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure how, but i randomly came upon your site. totally awesome. there are monumental piles of laundry afoot, but i am inspired.