Sunday, December 9, 2007

Guess what I have...?


My own computer! MMM-HMM!

Dan and I have been talking about getting another computer for probably about a month now. We fight over our desktop a lot, and the laptop is an inferior machine that has been having a lot of problems (like the screen going black, for instance).

He likes to play World of Warcraft, so he needs the good computer for that, leaving me with the crappy one. But I think that what really sold him on the idea of buying me a desktop was that he wants me to play WoW with him, and I can't do that unless we have a second computer that is capable of running WoW well.

He's been talking about what kind of character I should get for at least a week now. My brothers and he have already picked out a server for us to play on together. And my brothers have made characters on it. My arrival in this World is, needless to say, greatly anticipated.

How do I feel about this? Mildly apprehensive. Slightly eager. A tad annoyed. I really don't know what I think of all this yet, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Because, if it works out, it means Dan and I will spend more of our recreational time together.

ANYWAY - back to the exciting part - MY OWN COMPUTER!

I'm so excited. I get to choose. I get to choose the icons and the desktop background. I get to organize My Documents and My Pictures. I get to choose the bookmarks and the buttons. ME! And only me. There isn't a lot in the world that I have total control over, but I have total control over this machine. And it feels REALLY GOOD!

Dan decided this morning that we would go get ourselves a computer today, so it was time to get a desk. I looked online and saw a tiny desk at Target for $70, then switched over to Craigslist and found the identical one in perfect shape for only $15 - and only like 5 miles away! We snatched it up, and it fits beautifully in the little niche that we made in the living room. Then we headed to Fry's and picked up this hunk of burnin' love.

Can you tell I'm excited?

You can?

Oh, good.

Over and out.

3 comments:

mrscamacho said...

It is a well known fact that couples who WoW together stay together! Woo hoo! You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!

Matt said...

its actually true.

at any rate, I am definitely looking forward to helping you in your adventures in Azeroth! WOOT!

rae ann said...

another one bites the dust...