Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Counting

Dan has been teaching Ariel to count. He says each number, 1-10, and she repeats it. They both enjoy this a lot, and it has become a special game between them.

The other day I opened the cupboard and told Dan, "We have SEVEN cans of tuna!"

Dan turned to Ariel. "Ariel, there are SEVEN cans!"

"Eight!" she exclaimed. That was pretty cool.

Then in the car yesterday, Dan was counting with her again:

Dan: "One"
Ariel: "No" (that's how she says "one")
Dan: "Two"
Ariel: "Two"
Dan: "Three"
Ariel" "Four, five, six, TEN!"

Wow, I thought. She's learning fast.

Tonight, I gave her some kitchen utensils to play with. She was banging them around a minute ago, then turned and looked up at me, excited.

"Spoon!" she said, holding up a wooden spoon. "Spoon," this time holding up a teaspoon.

"Yeah," I said. "They're both spoons!"

And then came the words that blew me away: "Two spoons."

Dan and I looked at each other in amazement! She really is catching on!

1 comment:

GrannyNanny said...

Oh my gosh she's a smart one!!!