Friday, November 7, 2008

Kids are for Laughing

A few weeks ago, Ariel woke up and hurried to the breakfast table, where she found leftover cornbread.

Ariel: Mmmm! Yummy cornbread! It's yummy!

Me: It is yummy!

Ariel: Mmmm, yummy! [suddenly serious] W-we eat cornbread with our mouths, an-and not with our bottoms.

I honestly have no idea where that came from.

****************************************

Ariel and I were sitting in the big armchair, and I was squeezing her tightly. Realizing that a lot of my weight was on her, I readjusted.

Ariel: Where are you going, Mommy?

Me: I'm not going anywhere. I'm just trying not to squish you. Are you squished?

Ariel: No! I'm not playdough!

2 comments:

GrannyNanny said...

She might not be playdough, but apparently her grandma is...

Anonymous said...

I absolutely cracked up at these! Too cute! Thanks for taking the time to type them out, that was fun.

ps. the word verification this time was "ditiride". Funny word!