Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Doing What She Wants

What happens when you humor a toddler for several minutes straight? Today, I found out.

I went into my bedroom to change out of my pajamas this morning. Ariel followed, and, when I went to change my top, she started whining and trying to remove her shirt, too.

"Help? Help? Shirt?"

"No, Ariel, let's leave your shirt on."

"No! [whine] Help! Shirt!"

Why am I so quick to say no? I thought. What's wrong with what she's asking?

"Ok, Ariel, we can take your shirt off." I removed her shirt.

"Help? Pants?"

"Okay..." The pants came off.

"'N' diaper? Help?"

"Ummm...." By this point I didn't want to let her down and have all the undressing be for nothing. Plus, she has good bladder control. "Sure, Mommy will wipe you and then you can run around with no diaper."

A minute later, there was a little bare-butted munchkin following me around.

I proceeded to change my clothes.

"Shirt? My shirt?"

"Oh, you want to wear this shirt?"

"Hmm!"

I gave her my shirt and replaced my pajama top.

"Ree bee bee? Ree bee bee?"

"Sure, we can sing 'Rockabye Baby.'"

And that's how Dan came to catch the following on video.



Did I mind the intrusion on my plans? Not a bit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ab-so-smurf-ly priceless!