Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Update on "No!"

Well, over the last two or three days, Ariel has probably said "No!" a thousand times, minimum. It's definitely her new favorite word. Sometimes I think she asks us for things simply so that she can say "No!" when we give them to her. Many of these no's are accompanied by shoving, kicking, flailing, or throwing. Isn't she a little young for this? We're handling her okay, and she's still a sweetheart the majority of the time, but this is intense! I'm trying to take her seriously, answer her matter-of-factly, tell her I'm sorry when I can't give her her way, restrain her if she tries to hit or kick me, and leave her be when she just throws her tantrums on the floor or attacks inanimate objects. Oftentimes she'll be perfectly happy, and I'll ask her for a kiss, and she'll say "no!" and shove me! Okay... sorry I asked!


Ariel has a new favorite song. Her daddy introduced her to a song called "Do Right," in which the chorus says "What do I do, what do I do, what do I do, what do I do right?" In addition to asking to watch the music video (see below) about 20 times a day, she walks around the house singing "what do what do!" It's SOOOO cute! Totally worth the repetition! She also head bangs! (I taught her that one by demonstrating, after which my neck hurt for 2 days. I'm getting old.)



Ariel and I went on a couple short errands today, so I carried her in my new Maya Wrap. After having threaded it inside-out (since I'm a lefty), it stays on my shoulder a lot better than it did at first, and we were both comfortable and happy. I got 2 compliments on it, and one woman even asked where to get it! That's right, be jealous. My sling is the bomb.

No comments: