Monday, January 7, 2008

I can't take it anymore.


Remember this post in which I told you that Ariel had asked about Dan's absence? It's not cute anymore.

There are two versions. And they both start the same way.

"Mommy?"

"What?"

"Mommy?"

"What, Ariel?"

"Mommy?"

"What do you need?"

You see, I have to say, "I'm Mommy." If I don't say that exact phrase, she will keep saying Mommy.

The moment that the correct answer is out of my mouth, she says, "Daddy?"

From here, there are two versions. If Daddy is not home, I say that Daddy is at work. At which point she may say "home?" and, after I've replied, "soon?"

But that's not the norm anymore, although it happens at least 5 times a day (are you getting an idea of how frequently this little exchange takes place?).

The more common response goes like this:

"Daddy?"

"Daddy's at work." or "Daddy's sitting next to you." or "You're in Daddy's lap."

"Foofy?"

"Felicity is RIGHT THERE." By now I'm getting a little irritated, because I'm only slightly sick of this conversation.

Half of the time, it stops here.

The other half of the time?

"Mommy?"

Round two.

No comments: