Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WFMW: No More Soggy Rice!


One of the most frustrating things about cooking rice in a saucepan is how often it turns out soggy. I learned a trick a few months back that has allowed me to make perfect, fluffy rice every time!

The trick is simple: as soon as your rice is done cooking, remove it from the hot burner and place a folded dish towel beneath the lid. Leave it there until you have all the food on the table and are ready to serve.


The dishtowel will absorb the excess steam and leave you with light, fluffy rice! It's easy, it's free, and it Works For Me!

3 comments:

Fiddledeedee said...

I served soggy rice just last night. I'm going to try this.

Britni said...

I'm definitely gonna have to try this. Fluffy rice is much better.

Memarie Lane said...

My rice used to always be soggy, so I tried simply using less water. It worked great, I just turn off the heat entirely when the water begins to boil, put on the lid and wait twenty minutes.